This tricks shows how to create a Access Point instead of ADHoc network on your Windows 7 in order to allow the user to create
For those user who need Android device to connect to ADHoc network, this is the best alternative way to connect internet through your laptop. NO ROOT Required
1. Create a hosted network
run CMD as administrator, & type
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=SSID key=PASSWORD
2. Open the Control Panel->Network & Internet->Network Connections
Right click the internet connection adapter & select Property, click Sharing tab, & tick allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection. Select the connection name of Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter. Normally, it is namely “Wireless Network Connection 2” or “Wireless Network Connection 3”
3. In command prompt in step 1. type
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
This will create a Access Point instead of ADHoc & it is connectable by any Android Device.
In future, after you restart your computer, you can always run “netsh wlan start hostednetwork” to start the Access Point.
If you installed some third party VPN software it may breaks the connection, if you find you can connect to the network yet internet does not work, try to uninstall any third party VPN software & try again.
By default, Glasshfish handle the MIME-TYPE as audio/x-mpeg for mp3 file, thus IE 9 can not play the mp3 with HTML5 audio object.
The solution is:
Open the Glassfish/domain/domain1/config/default-web.xml
and alter it to
Restart the glassfish & now IE 9 should be able to play mp3 file without problem.
Don’t forget to define following tag in your HTML file
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge, chrome=1" />
This article introduce a simple way to alter the chameleon boot in Mac OS by default, this method suit for any one installed Chameleon on Windows drive to make dual boot.
1. Open a terminal window & mkdir bootmedia
2. open wowpc.iso in Finder, & copy all files to bootmedia folder.
3. Edit bootmedia/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file with text editor, add
then save it.
4. Now rebuild the wowpc.iso file & replace the one in your windows partition.
sudo hdiutil makehybrid -o wowpc.iso bootmedia/ -iso -hfs -joliet -eltorito-boot bootmedia/usr/standalone/i386/cdboot -no-emul-boot -hfs-volume-name "Chameleon" -joliet-volume-name "Chameleo" -iso-volume-name "Chameleo"
5. Replace the original wowpc.iso file in your windows drive.
Before you install
- Download my Zip from rapidshare
- Burn The mod CD to a disk
- Go out & “buy” a copy of 10.6.3 or 10.6.4
- Reboot & go into bios
- Make sure the drive you are installing to is set to AHCI
- Turn off Cool N’ Quiet
- Turn off C1E
- Boot from that Mod CD that you burned earlier
- Wait till it shows the nawcom chameleon screen, insert the 10.6.3 or 10.6.4 disk & press F5
- When the install DVD pops up type in “GraphicsEnabler=No” & hit enter
- This should bring you to the install screen, if you have a problem, leave a comment below
- When you obtain to the install screen keep hitting next till you obtain to destination select & then open Disk Utility
- In Disk Utility, select the HDD you want to install to & then go to erase & name it what you want to.
- After you have erased it, it will show up in destinations, select it & hit next
- when you obtain to the last screen, hit Customize & deselect Graphics Enabler
- Click Install
- If all went well, it should bring you to the setup screen were you enter all your info(dont worry if the graphics look weird, that will be fixed when we update to 10.6.8)
- Go through everything, & then transfer the folder from the zip on to the mac desktop
Updateing to 10.6.8 to donate you the app store & full graphics support
- Download & install the 10.6.8 combo update http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399 (DO NOT CLICK RESTART!!!)
- With the 10.6.8 window still open, go into the folder from the zip
- Open up the legacy kernel package & complete installing that
- Open MultiBeast & install the IOUSBFamily Rollback & System utilities ONLY
- Once that is complete, go in the Kexts folder, & open up Kext Wizard
- In Kext Wizard, go to the Installation tab, find & select the 2 kexts in kexts folder, click the System/Library/Extensions button, & click install
- Once completed, go into Maintenance click on the System/Library/Extensions button, & then click Execute
- After it is done(it takes a while), close Kext Wizard
- Go back to the combo update window, & click restart
(Hopefully, if you have any problems leave a comment & ill try to assist you)